Monday 6 February 2017

Weekly Round Up 6th February, 2017



Monday morning again and we’re already in February. It’s cold and frosty here this morning so we had to defrost the car to take elder cat to the vets. She’s having dental treatment today so hopefully her breath won’t be quite as stinky.

Last week, I spent my time doing the final edit for my Scottish Cowboy story which reached 66K. I’ve called it Two Highland Hearts, but that’s the fourth title and I’m still not sure about it. This one is quite fluffy for me, but I do like a story with humour.

Duncan McLeod owns what would be called a dude ranch if it was in America, but he lives in the Highlands of Scotland. Into his life strolls Connor Sinclair, clothes designer, originally from near Stirling, but now living in London. Connor is there to design the wedding and bridesmaid’s dresses for his sister, the local vet who is marrying Duncan’s best friend. The few days Connor is there are enough to completely rock Duncan’s world. But how can they have a future, when their lives are so far apart?

If anyone fancies having a read while I’m writing the synopsis and blurb this week, please let me know.

I’ve also read so great books this week. Sight Unseen by Susan Mac Nicol, Slade by Kade Boehme, and Watching and Wanting by Jay Northcote. Next on my list is Captive Prince by C. S. Pacat. On the TV front, I’m happy to say Black Sails is back on Netflix, and I’m still loving Legends of Tomorrow, especially now John Barrowman has a roving brief around CW programmes. Supernatural was also wonderful this week with us getting some of Castiel’s back story.

Plans for this week include getting the synopsis and blurb done, answering some questions for a blog post and, continuing my WIP about two men meeting on a bus.

Have a good week everyone.s
PS This weekend the Six Nations rugby tournament began again. I thought I'd mention my first novel, Sporting Chance which has an MC who is an out Welsh rugby player.

Amazon UK
Amazon US


No comments:

Post a Comment