Monday 20 March 2017

Weekly Round Up 20th March



Morning – it’s Monday again and I’m watching Sara Cox on her 24-hour dance-a-thon for Comic Relief, although I may get fed up of 80s songs very soon. I’m happy to report the knee has recovered, no thanks to the weather -  it’s chilly and still raining in my part of Lancashire.

On the writing front, I managed some words last week - around three thousand added to my current WIP taking it to 67K. I have a difficult and emotional scene to write next. I do put my MCs through it. This time it’s poor Jonah and how something seemingly ordinary can take you back to a memory you’d rather forget. I also planned out on an A3 page – as near as I get to planning anyway – a story I’ve wanted to write for a while which I’d like to turn into a Christmas story. It will have MCs with an age gap.

Planning for the blog/review tours for While You See a Chance and My Highland Cowboy have gathered speed thanks to Rachel, and thanks to all the blogs who have signed up so far. I’m both terrified and excited.

On the reading front, I’ve read Play Dead the next in the Glasgow Lads series, an ARC kindly provided by Avery Cockburn, which I can heartily recommend, even if Colin and Andrew are put through it, and I wanted to hug both of them. I love this series. I’m now reading Fool’s Gold by Sarah Madison and will finish Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch this week.

For this week’s box set, we are back to Supernatural with series two. I’d forgotten how many ghost stories there were, but it’s interesting to see themes from S2 which reappear over the years, and lovely to see the first appearance of Richard Speight Jr as the Trickster. Still watching Legends of Tomorrow and good to see Rip back in his swishy coat. I do love a character with a swishy coat. Then there’s Black Sails as well. I know what the ending should be but I so want Hamilton not to be dead so he and Flint can disappear into the sunset. Lastly, I must mention Call the Midwife which ended another great series. I’m constantly amazed by how well it tackles such difficult subjects.

This week, I have the usual plans to write something, but not giving myself a target. There are also a few blogs to write. The first one is for the launch of While You See a Chance for Manifold Press. Oh my, it’s getting closer.

Have a good week everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment