Monday 19 June 2017

Weekly Round Up 19th June


Monday morning, and once more we are greeted with bad news. It has been a tough week in which I’ve used the word really so many times when questioning what people have done, and said, or not done. I’m lucky enough not to have been affected by recent events in London, except for witnessing the results on the news, but seeing the pictures, and reading reports, has made me both sad and angry. I’ve also been incredibly thankful for the men and women who put other people before themselves – the police, firefighters, paramedics, medical staff, as well as the volunteers who turn out to help every time. Then this morning we have a man who uses a van to try to kill people coming out of a mosque after prayers. I’ve already heard the words mentally ill being used, and no doubt he’ll be a loner, but terrorists hope to inspire terror, so this makes this man a terrorist as far as I’m concerned.

In other news, it is too hot. I am not a lover of heat as high pressure and humidity affect my arthritis. I also have trouble sleeping, though having a cat with the loudest yowl in the world doesn’t help. Cat the elder suffers from pee and poo phoria – a well-known phenomena that cats who have been to the toilet run around like mad things and meow. As she is deaf, she is also very loud. If she’s bored and wants to play, she wanders around crying for cat the younger. As a result, I am tired and a bit tetchy.

Writing – better news here. I started my Christmas story and got 2000 words done then got a plot bunny for a short story as my publisher is looking for entries. I’ve written around 8000 of that so far – the most I’ve written in ages. I’ve scribbled in bed being unable to sleep, and so only have one scene to write from scratch now. This will involve a visit to Barry Island, which has been looking lovely this weekend. It should come in between 10-15K as asked for. That will be this week’s task. I have been buoyed up by the many positive reviews for My Highland Cowboy. If anyone would like to review While You See a Chance, please let me know.

On the reading and watching front, I finally finished Draakenwood by Jordan L Hawk and loved it as always, especially Ival’s reaction to how his sister enjoyed his desk! Now reading An Unnatural Vice by KJ Charles, and yes, Justin Lazarus is great fun. Next on the TBR list is Femme by Thornton Marshall, a new writer to me. We finished Supernatural Season 7, and next I’m told is Flambards, because we need something fluffy, and I haven’t seen it.

That’s it for now. Let’s hope there aren’t any more horrific events this week anywhere in the world. I’ll leave you with a link to a blog. It’s a tough read but shows what firefighters do. These are the people who run towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment