Monday 26 June 2017

Weekly Round Up 26th June


Monday morning again, and thankfully cooler after the heat of last week. If only cat the elder would stop yowling in the early hours of the morning I might get more sleep. Now, she is lying next to me asleep as I type. I have just finished writing a short story to submit to Pride Publishing for their contemporary anthology. The idea for this one came from a first line that popped into my head from nowhere.

As you can read above, I did manage to get some writing done last week. Next I have to do a fast edit as it needs to be ready to submit, as well as the usual blurb and synopsis – aarrgghh. Should get it done and then it’s back to my Christmas story. The way that one is going, it might be ready for next year. Of course, really, I’m putting off editing the mammoth 103K words of Half Full.

I’m sure you’re all desperate to know what I’ve been reading and watching over the last seven days. I finished An Unnatural Vice by KJ Charles and loved it. Can’t wait for the next one. Nearly finished Femme by Marshall Thornton. I have enjoyed this one as well, although the more than once one MC leaves the other MC in the lurch was annoying. Is it controversial that I like stories that aren’t about two so called alpha males battling each other? I like writing them too, even if I can be accused of writing stereotypes. Marshall Thornton addresses this in the story and as he says, within a stereotype every person is different in some way. Next on the reading list is The Monet Murders by Josh Lanyon, who was one of my gateway authors into mm romance.

I’ve spent a lot of the weekend watching Glastonbury. Being an older person, for me the highlights were, The Jacksons, Chic and Barry Gibb, although I do like Rag and Bone Man. I’d love to see him sing with Gregory Porter and Rick Astley, with maybe George Ezra as well.

This week’s boxset has been Flambards, a series from the late 70s. It’s set amongst the upper and lower classes in Edwardian times. I can stand the story but the theme music makes me want to stick cotton wool in my ears. I don’t think it stands the test of time like some others from that era. I watched How Green was my Valley a while back and still loved it as much as it did as a teenager. Maybe it will improve by the end as we’ve a few episodes to go. After this, it will be back to Supernatural and season 8.

That’s it for this week. I will be giving away a signed print copy of Comfort Zone as I have one come available – more in another post about that. I’ll also be giving away PDF of While You See a Chance this week as well because I feel like it.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment