Monday 10 April 2017

Weekly Round Up 10th April.




Author’s log. It’s been two weeks since my last post and after an almost hot day yesterday, Lancashire has plunged back into its usual gloom with a few drops of rain.

I decided not to do a weekly post last week as I took part in the autism awareness month set up by R J Scott - see previous post below. Pop over to her blog and have a look. Thanks to all who commented. It will be there all month and I’ll pick a winner on 1st May, the day While You See a Chance comes out.


Writing has been especially slow going. I’m always like this getting near to one of my books coming out and this time I have two in quick succession. I get into the rut of wondering if it’s all worth it and if this story is any good and if anything I’ve ever written is any good. I’m sure some of you know what I mean. I’ll add some links for While You See a Chance below.

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve added around seven thousand words to my WIP, Half Full, which now stands at over 75K words. I’m trying to decide whether to make something more sensational or not. I have blog posts to write to go with the releases of While You See a Chance and My Highland Cowboy so I hope to get some of them done this week.


In news from home, my brother is having a new form of chemo with an experimental tablet so we’ll see how that goes. If you missed it, I blogged about my home town and the area where I was born in the newsletter for Manifold Press with some others who have books out 1st May.
On the reading front, I’ve read Bonfires by Amy Lane which I enjoyed. I loved having a couple of older characters with families. Now I’m reading In the Spotlight by Charlie Cochrane and next will by N R Walker’s Imagines which I downloaded yesterday. We’ve been continuing our rewatches, or new to you watches, with Supernatural S3 and now onto Lonesome Dove. We also watched the whole of the original Norwegian with English subtitles version of Eyewitness. There were some differences and I think I enjoyed the US version more as I felt more connection with the characters. That may have been because of the language, or that the US version had more episodes giving more backstory. Next will be Supernatural S4 bringing on Castiel and the other angels.

Black Sails also finished this week. No spoilers if you haven’t watched it but I was happy with the ending. I can recommend it to anyone who loves pirates. I am so behind on everything else. Oh, and we watched, and enjoyed, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Hopefully, I’ll get some writing done this week and not be totally distracted by family tree research. I’ve discovered this ability on ancestry to link events to people so have been working through all my ancestors and it becomes rather compulsive.

That’s it for now. Have a good week everyone and happy sales to those with new releases. This post will also appear on my blog.
While You See a Chance can be preordered on Amazon here and can be marked to read on Goodreads here. I hope you'll give this story of love over many years a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment