Monday 15 May 2017

Weekly Round Up 15th May


Morning everyone. Monday morning again, and normal service has resumed in my part of the world - it is raining.

Last week, My Highland Cowboy became available on early download from Pride Publishing, and today I’m biting my fingernails because I’m expecting some reviews. I was happy to see it had gone in at number five on Pride’s site. While You See a Chance also had its first review which was five star.

My WIP, Half Full, continues to grow now reaching 92K words, but I have reached the final straight, at last. Too many other plot bunnies are screaming for attention so I really need to get motivated to finish this story, and I think there will be a sequel as it has a HFN feel about it, even after what might be 100K words.

On the reading and watching fronts, I don’t seem to have done much. I’ve nearly finished Bridge over the River Wye by Adam Fitzroy which I’ve enjoyed as I know the Wye area pretty well. In fact, I have ancestors who were boatmen on the river at Tintern. I haven’t had much chance to read but am enjoying JL Merrow’s Wake Up Call. I have taught a student with narcolepsy, so reading a story with an MC who has the condition is interesting, and I love Cornwall having stayed in a few places there, Illogan, Portreath and Sennen. Next read is Sue Brown’s Goodnight, My Angel.

We didn’t manage a boxset watch last week. I’m not sure why. I’m typing up a family tree for someone and continuing my own on ancestry adding to sideways lines which seems to absorb time. We also got hooked on Masterchef which took up evening viewing, as well as the Eurovision semis – yes, I am that sad. I wasn’t impressed with the Portuguese winning song. My favourite was the Netherlands. Eurovision and Doctor Who made for a good Saturday night. I have to say, I’m enjoying Doctor Who more this season. Next viewing will be Fargo season 2, and I’m hoping to get a look at American Gods.

This week, I need to get more words done as time is slipping by to get a Christmas story written.

Finally, I promised to name the winner of an ecopy of My Highland Cowboy from yesterday’s Q&A so the winner is  Tanja. Please PM me with an email address I can send either PDF or EPub version to.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment